A Checklist from Master Doors Canada
If you’re seeing signs that it’s time to replace one or more of the exterior doors on your home, then your next step is choosing a manufacturer. You may think, “It’s just a door with a couple of hinges and a doorknob. I can find what I need from the ‘big box’ hardware store and install it this afternoon.” You have many choices for exterior doors in Canada, including off-the-shelf and DIY solutions. But if you want an entrance door that welcomes visitors, showcases your home, and will last for years, consider partnering with a manufacturer specializing in exterior door design.
How to Start Your Search for a Door Manufacturer
Identifying the right door manufacturer starts with determining what’s important to you when selecting a new front door:
- Do you want to participate in the door design process?
- Are you looking for a manufacturer with a strong history of custom front door design?
- Would you value a company willing to educate you about exterior doors and provide counsel about door design considerations?
When you understand your needs, you’ll have a framework to use for researching door manufacturers.
Gathering Possible Manufacturers for your Custom Front Door
You have several resources for finding an exterior door manufacturer, including:
- Family, friends, and neighbours who have recently purchased a front door.
- Builders or real estate professionals who have industry knowledge about solutions for custom door design.
- HomeStars is a great place to find trusted door manufacturers with a proven record of successful customer relationships.
Try to identify exterior door companies in Canada that you could evaluate to find the right partner for you.
Checklist for Choosing a Door Manufacturer
As you evaluate different door manufacturers, use the following checklist to find a qualified professional. You’ll want to verify that the company has:
- Proven professionalism demonstrated with:
- a website showcasing products and projects
- a physical company address
- convenient ways to connect through phone, email or LiveChat
- The appropriate license that reflects knowledge of building regulations and codes.
- Depth of experience, at least five years, with custom front door designs.
- Warranties for the entrance doors they manufacture to protect your investment.
- Insurance to cover the unexpected during installation.
- Written estimates and contracts that clearly outline the parameters of your front door project, including:
- the cost of design, materials, and installation.
- Customer references who will tell you:
- what they liked about the manufacturer
- any ‘watch-outs’ to consider before making your final decision
Add Master Doors Canada to Your List of Door Manufacturers and We’ll Rise to the Top!
The team at Master Doors Canada, a family-owned and operated company, has more than 10 years of experience designing and manufacturing beautiful, hand-crafted solid wood doors. We’ll collaborate with you on a stunning front door design, then install your exterior door with the care and attention to detail we use with our own homes.
To learn more, visit our showroom or contact our team today!